Tuesday, June 21, 2005

MRI Date

We got the phone call today for an MRI appointment. This Thursday morning. The doctors will be discussing Mason at their next surgery meeting . . I think July 14. It involves several neurologists, neurosurgeon, nurses, psychologists, where they discuss whether the kids are good candidates for the various types of epilepsy surgery. ( I mentioned the corpus callosotomy brain surgery in the last update)

Also, Mason’s nighttime seizures have been increasing. Last night he had one at 1 am, and it looks like he fractured or severely bruised his nose. I had started putting his helmet on around 5 am (he has been having two or three drop seizures between 5 and 8 am – they come on suddenly and he buckles and falls to the floor – often after hitting the window sill first – he likes looking out of his window when he wakes), but now will I spend more of the night in his room. I don’t sleep as well, but Mason is safer that way. So hopefully the possibility of brain surgery will be fast tracked.
Well, thank you for your continued prayers. God really does answer them!!! Time to get ready for going along on Mason’s kindergarten field trip tomorrow!!

Off to White Rock. Forecast – RAIN - !?!?!?!?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley
Today is july 14th and I have been thinking about you and Mason. So I went back to an e-mail that you sent me, and I see now that this was the day you were hoping for Surgery for Mason, or at least and consultation??? That is why you have been on my mind. I will be waiting for an update to what is next for Mason. God will be your strength and help. I thank God for your trust in Him. I will continue to pray for you.
Love ------ Hilda