Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Looking Back...

I found a note I wrote on September 19, 2005 (10 days before surgery):

Tonic Clonic (grand mal) seizure at 7 am. I woke up to Mason's face buried in the blankets and teddy bears. I imagine his breathing was limited. When it was over, he fell asleep again.

Another TC at 8, then again, less severe, at 8:30. He slept until 10:30.

It's so hard to see this happen. The verse in my head lately is where the bible says that God will exceed my expectations. The Amplified version says something to the effect thatt He will do wha we even dare not ask.

While Mason slept, I thought this (didn't pray it, just thought it): Dare I ask for the full restoration of his ability to learn and develop?

"COME BOLDLY" were the words I heard in my head.

OK, so I did.

Then in the afternoon I drove past the church on McMillan. The words on the sign said, "I will sing to the Lord for He has head my cry."

Now, two years and one month later we are seeing exactly this happen. Back then it was an extremely scary thing to pray ... with confidence? I don't know how confident that prayer was because we had seen 5 years of no developmental growth at all. God continues to completely exceed our expectations, as we are seeing non-stop progress!! He has restored Mason's ability to learn!! Notice that the thought to ask for Mason's full restoration was not what I asked for (I don't know why!? I guess it wasn't what God wanted me to ask for!).

No comments: