Saturday, January 12, 2008

Answers to Prayer

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your prayers!!!!!!!

First off, it turned out to be a 'virtual doctor appointment'. Mason wouldn't get out of the car, so the girls stayed there with him and I had the appointment on Mason's behalf. I really like our doctor, and he gives me a lot of latitude. So he wrote up what I needed etc. :)

So I decided to check out the small blood test clinic, in a strip mall so I could see in the window. There was nobody in there, so I quickly popped in to see how many bodies would be available to help. There were two technicians in there and were ready to do it. Then Mason refused to get out of the car again. We finally bribed him with an ice cream cone. (he says 'ice cream' really well!! and he can have a tiny amount of it : >) So he went in, and right away turned around and ran back to the car. I noticed someone standing nearby, but ignored her as I struggled with Mason, trying to get him back into the clinic. I then let Mason back into the car.

The person started talking to me... it was Nancy, who I've known for several years, but haven't seen in a long time!!! She offered to help!!!! Can you believe the timing?????? So we finally got Mason in and onto the bed. That was no small feat!!! Nancy held his legs down, I lay across his torso and held his left arm down. One technician held his right arm straight while the other drew blood. We could not have done it without Nancy!!! Part way through, Nancy told Mason is was almost done. He instantly stopped screaming and struggling! When they pulled out the needle, Mason said, "Thank you."!! We all laughed!! As we walked out, Mason called back, "Bye bye!" - happy as a lark.

And so off we went to get an ice cream. :) :)

So God provided help in the EXACT moment I needed it, AND I get to re-connect with an old friend! :)

Shirley

No comments: