Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Back to 'Normal'... or what is normal?

Well, Mason's back to normal. Although, really, what is normal? Our normal has involved constant changes and off and on crisis for many years now. So, the events of the past few days is more of our 'normal'. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Just last week I was crying out to God about various difficult things in my life, mostly my health and Mason's. Still waiting for Jesus to come to us and heal. Sometimes I'm just so tired and weary of this journey.

We're in a family Bible Study and have been going through the Book of Mark. It's filled with so many miracles that Jesus did. Yet, what also strikes me, even though it's not mentioned there, is all the people he did not heal.

I was listening to a powerful song earlier by Casting Crowns called, 'Praise You in this Storm'. One that has meant a lot to me for a number of years.


I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

Even though there is a pause right now,
it's still raining.....

....but my help comes from the Lord.....

2 comments:

Carla said...

What an amazing woman God chose to be mason's Mom! And thanks for posting those lyrics, they are powerful!

Coco said...

You and your family are in our prayers. I am so glad to hear that the seizures are slowing down. We'll continue to lift all 5 of you up in prayer. Big hugs!!!