Sunday, October 05, 2008

Complications

Hey there everyone.

I just sent an email off to Mason's neurologist at Children's. So please ask God to give her His wisdom, His knowledge, His understanding as to what is going on with Mason.

As you know, he started hallucinating this summer. We've been messing around with his medications to see if they are causing this side effect. In doing this, his seizures have lessened (they'd been going up) and he is actually sleeping better at night because his night seizures are shorter and he settles quicker to go back to sleep. We are so happy for that!! :)

Although they have lessened in intensity, the hallucinations are still happening once each week or so. I'm starting to wonder if it's something else. He is also on day 5 of diarrhea, without being sick. (I really don't like doing laundry!!) It started after having some plums and grapes when he was with someone else. He has always been sensitive to grapes, but recovers quick. I didn't even think to tell the person he was with to avoid grapes. He's had food sensitivities ever since he was little. I also wonder what 8 years of heavy medications has done to his system.

Something's going on, but I don't know what. Usually I can kinda figure it out, but not this time.

Coming up:
We have an appointment with the neurologist on October 15.

I'm speaking (3 times) at the Family Support Network Retreat (for families with a member with a disability) next weekend, Oct 10 - 12. (Oct 12 is the 8th anniversary of Mason's diagnosis and first hospitalization) The kids are coming along. They have caregivers for the kids with special needs, and fun activities for the siblings as well!

I'm also taking a course that requires a lot of time.

No comments: