Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To Our Glorious and Blessed God....

There has been a prayer, by John Wesley, that has been on my heart a lot lately and influenced me. No matter what the circumstances, there is nothing so wonderful or so powerful to be an instrument of God, in all capacities. Especially in our weaknesses. That is where we see His most incredible work in us. But, we must first go to Him with an attitude of surrender and trust Him no matter what. Embrace the trials and struggles in your life! Don't run from them and try to get out of it! Surrender and wait...

I dare you to make this prayer a part of your life:

I am no longer mine but Yours.
Put me to what You will.
Put me to doing. Put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for You, or laid aside for You,
Exalted for You, or brought low for You.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things to 
Your pleasure and disposal.
And now, glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
You are mine and I am Yours. So be it.
And this covenant now made on earth,
Let it be satisfied in Heaven. Amen.

1 comment:

Linda R said...

Hi Shirley. Thanks for sending me your blog address. I've been praying for you guys tonight. Loved the story of the "aked cat!
Great and stirring prayer. Thanks for posting it.