Friday, June 19, 2009

What on Earth was I THINKING?!?!?!?!?!

The girls and I took off from Abbotsford at 6:30 am on Thursday. We were much more in tune with the huge variety of sounds and motions that occur during a flight. We were constantly saying "Mason would not like that!!" There is so much that we just don't notice. Obviously I have never noticed those sounds that way before. I am bringing a note book and pen for the flight back home and write them all down. It's unlikely Mason will ever fly.

I have come to realize that Mason's sensory issues have increased dramatically over the last 6 months or probably longer. Just a part of life that we have to adjust to and always be on the alert for when he is with us.

Our flight landed right on time in Winnipeg, at 12:21. Lisa, my sister-in-law, picked us up and hastened to Steinbach. Asia, Sydney, and I changed in the van enroute. We made it to the church at 1:50. The funeral was scheduled for 2. We started a little late, but not bad.

Thanks for your prayers. Although things did not go as we planned, it is still well. Mason is VERY happy to be at home with Daddy for the nights, and out with various people and school the rest of the time. He and Daddy were talking about it. Mason described it to Daryl "sssssssssssssssssssss".

1 comment:

Coco said...

Shirley,as I'm reading this I can't help but think of what an amazing mother you are. I am so impressed with your attitude and complete dedication to your family.

You are in my prayers,
Corina